Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Car, Part Uno

We bought a new car!!!
And we are really excited about it because ever since we lost the C-RV last year (sad face) our car situation has been feeling kinda off. It's amazing how much the littlest things can totally throw you off. We bought the Jeep pretty hastily after the accident because it was something we both wanted, but what we didn't take into consideration is how selfish I am :). It was my attempt to "compromise" and we saw it as an opportunity to buy something together, since we came into our marriage with "his car," and "my car." The thing I really forgot to consider was that this was going to be the replacement for my car and it was really the family car.

I like to think that we make smart decisions but the Jeep just ended up being really impractical, I mean, who uses a soft top Jeep as their main car when they live in Idaho...during the Winter?!?! Plus, how was I ever going to buy more crap from Ikea with no space in the back!?!? Annnd, I didn't like driving it because I had a real issue with the plastic windows in the back, not being able to see through them and the shaking of the back window gave me headaches! (please excuse the sob story!) I missed MY car...

When we wrecked, we got a rental car to get back up to Idaho. It was a Mazda5, the minivan...and I swore that I would never drive a minivan. There are other options, no offense to anyone! But we really liked how it drove, maybe since it was a nice new car...and we weren't used to that, but you know. So I have had my eye on the much less minivan-ish Mazda3 ever since! I wanted a hatchback, and it had to be automatic because I'm lazy! This proved to be hard to find (particularly in the price range...!) Well, we Finally found a great deal last week!

We got a 2009 Mazda3, hatchback and automatic, in the dark gray color! It's pretty schweeet! The girl was moving the next day and had lowered her price significantly. I Love it! It has 4 (technically 5) doors and it is so nice to have that again! We have been living the two door life for the last year and we still catch ourselves reaching to the back seat for stuff and saying, "oh yeah...!" It's also pretty exciting to have auto locks and windows and a/c that works and on and on!

We also sold our Jeep this week, after we bought the car so we were sweating the fact that we might not be able to sell it...we got really lucky! Whew! The Jeep was really fun but I don't recommend anyone get one for their main car. It would make a great 3rd or "Fun" car, but that's just my opinion (I could possibly be swayed with a hardtop and better gas mileage).

If you read all of this, thanks, when I started I didn't think I would be writing a book and a Jeep review, but I guess I did! Part 2 to come soon...this is the part where I post some pictures of my new car!!!

xoxo.
Stacy

2 comments:

  1. Oh Stacy...I just love you! :) You make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. so,,,,, once again you buy my dream car... hahah! Aaron and I have been talking about a mazda 3 hatchback for years now...... the next car we get is going to be one of those... haha... so funny... first you buy my jeep then my mazda.... guess we were meant to be friends so i can live my dreams through you :) thats super exciting!! Can't wait to see pictures....hey send me an email... i forgot your address again and want to write you

    ReplyDelete