Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The To Do List and 365 Project

I am a list maker.
And it's a bad habit. I sometimes buy notebooks just because they look like they would be perfect for lists. I will take a little legal pad from my parent's kitchen counter and claim it as my own. I will write stupid things like make bed and get ready on my list to make it look longer, in turn making me feel more productive. Is anyone else guilty of this? Or am I the only one?!?

Today's list:
__ Make Bed
__Check up on Etsy :)
__Vacuum
__Paint Toenails
__Finish hair bows
__Photograph bows, edit photos
__Post something on blog (check!)
__Eat Lunch (this is something I have to remind myself to do because I get distracted by the internet!)
__Go to school
Plus everything else that I add in between!

But now I really need to get to the moral of this...I am doing something that makes these lists less of a waste. I know a lot of you have heard of 365 projects (originally a kit of the month from CK by Becky Higgins), whether it's a photo a day, or a scrapbook page a week, it's really a personal preference. I've been wanting to do this for years, ever since I saw Ali Edwards do this on her blog. Here are some examples from her:

 I started a few months ago, March, I think, and I've been really enjoying it. I love that I am making something that we can reflect on years later that will cause us to say, "oh yeah! I remember that!", as well as have a great resource to check back if, let's say I'm wondering about when I was sick last. It will be a real documentation of our year (and hopefully I can keep it up for years to come).

I am using 12x12 page protectors that have 6-4x6 picture slots, one for each week (one side of one, so 6 slots for stuff, per week) as well as an 8.5x11 that goes between each 12x12 one, this is where I will write our story (by hand). I am just trying to go with the flow and keep this project low hassle, there are no rules. I keep a lot of junk, lists, mail, receipts, chop stick wrappers, medicine boxes, anything I think will tell a story. I am also trying to take a lot more pictures and be creative with those pictures. I just think this is a great way to organize all the junk in your life and give it a home. Now I haven't photographed any of my pages yet because, of course, I don't feel like they are "done" but hopefully I can get to that soon and I will post them here asap (it might be the end of the year, haha)! So have any of you been doing anything like this? Let me know because I'd like to see!

xo.
Stacy

3 comments:

  1. So that sounds awesome. I did the picture a day thing for about 3.5 months and then got really sick and got out of the habit...but It was a great documentation. I also have been wanting to write down what I do everyday just so I have a record....almost like a journal. Good idea :) Thanks for sharing. I am excited to see what yours looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I make lists ALL the time. Good thing we recycle because I use up so much paper. I make at least 3 lists a day....I love crossing things off :) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought jeremiah a book a few christmases ago...its called listography. your life in lists.

    its no joke and its really cool! GET ONE.

    ReplyDelete