Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the sky is falling. literally.

So last night I got a call at midnight.

I answer, thinking someone died (mostly jarom's assumption).

Bad idea.
Apparently our office is now a lake.

Here's the story:

Monday all of the water heaters got red flagged by the gas company because they were putting off carbon monoxide in our office (we must have some lungs of steel because we're not dead yet!). Well, does anyone know what happens when you have no water heater?

Well I'll tell you. The pipes explode, tear a hole in the ceiling and drip gallons and gallons of water all over your desk (well, rachel's), contract books, computer and soak the carpet completely! Not to mention makes the whole place smelllllllll!

I don't know if you can see it, but here is the stupid little hole! And I don't know if you can see the mold but...there was SO MUCH MOLD up in that ceiling. The guy from the restoration company said we were lucky this happened because it was so bad! Not to mention super nasty! I swear I'm sick to my stomach from mold overexposure. Can someone tell me why that building is not condemned?

So we spent all day moving our office over to the hotel. It sucks so bad! I will now be taking up residence in the farrr back corner. Brightside? I'm right next to the heater.

Tonight we also got the keys to our new apartment. So we've been moving all night.

Today is the day for moving. That's for sure! I will be sleeping from now on so if something ridiculous happens, don't call me because I won't be answering!

No comments:

Post a Comment