Wednesday, February 24, 2010

we are paying someone's bill...not ours, though

We have spent practically the entire month of February in a movie theater (Ka-Ching!). And we hardly ever go to the movies! My mom is the queen of going to the movies, she goes like once a week (last week she went three days in a row)! So I am now included in this hobby...or obsession! Movies attended include, but are not limited to: Dear John, The Lightning Thief, Valentine's Day and When in Rome. 

I am not attempting to review movies in any way, but man, why does every movie have to be based on a book? Have we no other ideas? Because the books I like are being seriously ruined! Have you guys read the Percy Jackson series? and have you seen the movie? Book=Good, Movie=Lame-O. It's fun anyway, just to see someone else's interpretation of what is in your head, but prepare for disappointment. I seriously suggest that they advertise, "Movie loosely based on the book"...you know? I thought the other movies were cute, if you are into the chick flick thing (and I am) as corny as they are!

Speaking of books...I am open for suggestions if you have any. I really love the teen/kid fiction stuff and am seriously running out of options. I have read all the Percy Jackson (of course), Inkheart series (stupid movie, too), The Mysterious Benedict Society (series), The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (crazyness, can't wait for the next one), Twilight series and The Host, Harry Potters, All Gail Carson Levine, The Graveyard Book(but not Coraline-is it good?) and I'm too tired to think of any more...so some help would be great!

xo.



P.S. I have learned how theaters pay their power bill...$7.00 for a medium stale popcorn, $5.00 for a medium soda...crap man, they bank. That's like a 2500% profit!

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever read the Tennis Shoes series? Those are my absolute favourite :) I have read all 10 over 4 times... thats like 40 books :) Anyways....Peter and the Star Catchers is pretty good. I am actually on a book reading thing right now too!! Currently reading the Bartimaeus Triology and I am loving it!!! We should share books :) I wrote down the ones you said and I will read them!! Aaron is on book 2 of PJ (percy)...ps... do you have a new email, we should email....
    pps. would you recommend the other movies at all... from like Red box??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading the Children of the Promise series.. kinda good, I'm only through the first one though. Maybe... Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, hated stupid Percy movie...got Ashley to baby sit and finally had a date night...total waste! Well, I guess not total, I mean we did get some baby free us time but still! We never get to go to the movies and the one time we finally go it ends up sucking bad. I liked that book too, they could've done so much better. I still think you need to read The Alliance--did I ever lend that one to you?

    ReplyDelete